"For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver." - Luther

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Turkey Day Delight

Greetings friends and family. The Graham clan has recovered from its inaugral turkey-day banquet, and, apart from a minor oven FIRE, which was speedily extinguished thanks to baking soda and Christina's cat-like reactions, the evening was delightful. We had the pleasure of entertaining four guests: Dr. Barron Ellebey, my parents, and John Ferguson. The following day, we decided to burn off some calories, so we drove to Geno's in south philly for some cheesesteaks. I'm not sure what makes Geno's so good, but after standing in line for 45 minutes in the freezing cold--not to mention heartburn and a pint sized injection of artery plaque--I was ready for some Pepto.

Saturday we ventured to the Big Apple (F.Y.I., NYC is named the "Big Apple" after a dance with the same name, which originated in Columbia, SOUTH CAROLINA). I forgot how breathtaking Manhattan is, especially for bumpkin-folk like myself. While there, we stopped by Broadway and caught a play, "Dirty Rotten Scoundrals," starring John Lithgow. It was funny, but Lithgow is forever typecast in my brain--he'll always be an alien!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home